Frequently asked questions
What can I do on this platform?
Thanks to this collaborative platform, you can contribute to building the future Data Space Education & Skills (DASES).
On this platform, you can participate and decide on different topics. To participate feel free to join one or more Assemblies. Within each one you will find different options to participate:
- make proposals, individually or with other people,
- take part in working groups,
- prioritize projects to implement,
- attend meetings and other actions.
This plateform is based on the open-source participatory democracy plateform Decidim.org. We have chosen this platform because :
- we need a way to support our collaborative work in a more asynchronous
- we want this open collaborative work to be transparent and inclusive
- we need to collaborate in a remote way with many partners within Europe and abroad
- we want sovereign ownership of the data produced by this collaborative work
- we need to be exemplary in on we handle personal data in agreemt with GDPR
What is Decidim?
Decidim is a Free Open-Source participatory democracy platform for cities and organizations. But Decidim is more than a digital platform: it’s a common's free and open project and infrastructure involving code, documentation, design, training courses, a legal framework, collaborative interfaces, user and facilitation communities, and a common vision.
Who is currently using decidim?
Decidim project was initiated by Barcelona City Council, following a similar project launched by Madrid City Council (check this link about Decidim history). It is currently used by cities and organizations. In fact, any group of people can use it, whether it is an NGO, university, trade union, cooperative, neighbourhood association, etc. Check the complete list of currently active instances.
What is the social contract?
That's how we call our Code of Democratic Guarantees and Democratic Collaboration. All members of the community must endorse the Social Contract.